Friday, April 1, 2011

If food is the prose of life layout is its poetry ~

I'm just going to jump right into it, an old project and a new one from the typography class. One about healthy food and the other, a poem layout we had to do. I don't like poetry. I can't take it seriously. Poems...only good for greeting cards.


Our project a few weeks ago was to create a flier to give to the staff of a school about the products they buy for the children's school lunches. Our job was to inform them that they should buy healthier food from our 'company' (we had to make one up) and convince them that they could both save money with us and get good heart healthy food for a stronger body and mind, preventing childhood obesity and the like. That and I happened to discover a man named Jamie Oliver, see how much he cares about healthy food that still tastes good, and...may have bought two of his cook books. I guess my teacher and I are shameless plugs for Mr. Oliver. Buy his books~ they really have some good recipes....



This here was our Poem, "Trapped" by a Mr. I-dont-remember-who, about a man who apparently loves a mannequin, just reminds me of a movie called "Lars and the Real Girl" where a man has a, non sexual, love interest in ones of those 'Real Girl' sex dolls that are supposed to look and be as anatomically correct as a woman. Well basically here I just typed out the poem, vertically so you could read and follow it, layered the title in the background, and bolded it to stick out, as well as typed the entire poem into the shape of a woman's figure, 'trapped' in it you might say, and made it lay, or depend on the type to keep it up, since it's not alive or real enough to do that on it's own.

No comments:

Post a Comment