Friday, April 1, 2011

Lisa - Graphic Designer

Hi my name is Lisa Mellace and my anticipated major is Graphic Design. In this post and others I will be uploading examples of my work.

The images below are from an assignment in which we had to choose an Ad council campaign and make our own ad for a magazine.


This ad was about childhood asthma attacks, making people more aware and directing them to a website and a number they can call for more information. We had to include images to really pull readers in, to visually grab our audience, and include both the ad council logo and the sponsor organization's logo. A fish out of water is the best way to describe what it feels like to have an attack, spasms and loss of breath, each time feeling as if you will suffocate, and so on. Asthma attacks are frightening enough, I couldn't image how scared a child would be, who has no idea what's happening to them.


This ad was for the prevention of teenage suicide. I chose this one because someone I knew committed suicide and I was more than happy to create an ad that would make people more aware of the signs and to stop the act before it happens. The bear gives a feel of youth and how sweet it is, the sadness of a bear being destroyed as a symbol for the grim act itself, and several lines that are warning signs that parents and friends should pick up on.

No comments:

Post a Comment